Job Title: Health Care Assistant (HCA)/Admin Support.
We currently have a vacancy for an enthusiastic, flexible Health Care Assistant.
Hours: 12 to 16 hours per week across 3 days.
Salary: depending on experience.
Flexible working required to cover holiday’s and sickness
If you are interested in this post, please complete an application form, DBS self-declaration and send along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Julie Minch – Nurse Co-Ordinator. Tel 01993 702911
Please note: Staff or their immediate families (living at the same address) may not be registered with any of the GP’s in the Practice.
Main purpose of job: To be an actively participating member of the Primary Health Care Team, caring for practice patients including treatment, preventative care, screening, and patient education ensuring patient confidentiality in all matters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Care and assessment of practice patients’
- To provide support to the practice nursing team to enable them to function effectively.
- To provide care to patients according to and by following practice approved protocols
- To provide administrative support to the nursing team
2. Specific areas of responsibility:
- To perform venepuncture for patients as required
- To take and record blood pressures using templates as requested by the doctors or nurses.
- With other HCAs maintaining the home monitor blood pressure register.
- To perform ECG’s as required
- To test urine specimens using appropriate equipment and record as requested
- To perform other clinical tasks as trained and agreed to meet the needs of the practice. These may include suture removal, ear irrigation, B12 injections NHS health checks, Chronic Disease Management checks and pre diabetic clinic checks.
- To perform any other task within the skills of the post holder.
- To maintain clinical stocks such as vaccines, dressings and drugs as delegated.
Administration and professional responsibilities:-
Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team.
- To provide administrative support to the nursing team.
- Responsibility for the call and recall of patients on the Chronic Disease Management register (CDM), in liaison with the patients’ usual GP, maintaining diary entries as necessary.
- Complete monthly audit of inadequate smears.
- Support the issuing of NHS health check result letters.
- Housekeeping in stock rooms to include monthly clean.
- Responsibility for the call and recall of patients on the blood test recall system.
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care, registration and claims, including all necessary computer entries.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of statistical information.
- Attend and participate in Nurse/HCA meetings. Take an active role in the future development of the integrated nursing team.
- In conjunction with other team members take part in audit of work for effectiveness and future planning.
Co-operate and participate as required in any research projects within the practice
Maintain effective liaison with other agencies and staff concerned with patient care and all other disciplines within the practice.
Maintain continued education by attendance at courses and study days as deemed useful or necessary. Regular reading of relevant articles and journals.
|Enjoy working with the public||X|
|Friendly and approachable.||X|
|Good telephone skills||X|
|Able to multitask||X|
|Able to work desired times (see timetable) and flexible enough to work extra occasionally||X|
|Reasonable IT skills||X|
|Previous experience in a similar role||X|