The Community Nursing Team works 7 days a week and is available from 8.00am – 6.00pm.
It is not necessary to ask the Doctor to refer you to the Community Nurse. You may contact the team yourself.
To contact the Community Nurses please telephone 01865 902800.
The Community Nursing service comprises:
- Community Nurse team leader who has undertaken an additional one year full time course specialising in nursing in the home
- Senior community staff nurse
- Community staff nurse
- Senior health care assistant.
In response to recent developments in medicine, nursing and technology, the range of services offered by this service has expanded to meet the needs of both patients and carers within the home environment.
These services include:
- Assessing and monitoring the health needs of people in the community
- Care of the dying person and his/her family
- Wound management
- A comprehensive range of nursing treatments
- Rehabilitation following an illness to enable the person to regain independence
- Advice, education and support to people who are caring for a relative or friend at home
- Referral to other statutory and voluntary agencies and Health Education