Windrush Patients Groups
Welcome to Windrush Patients’ Groups
Patients Groups? More than one?
Yes indeed – see below!
Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The Patient Participation Group (PPG) has been active at the Windrush Practice since 2007. Every patient is a member by right. It is led by the Patient’s Team which consists of twelve members. Meeting every six weeks, they help the patients by answering non-medical questions, keeping an eye on the information area and helping the Practice staff whenever appropriate.
The Patient Reference Group (PRG)
The Patient Reference Group (PRG) has been active since 2015 and is in purely electronic form so that you can keep up to date via e-mail from the comfort of your own home.
Currently we have over 380 members. It is a dynamic group; as soon as there are five interesting things to tell you which involve our Practice and the local NHS, an electronic bulletin is sent. These include:
- Notification of events (some really interesting health-related talks, a recruitment day for the Ambulance Service and an opportunity to have your say on local changes to the services in Witney);
- Opportunities take part in surveys – a recent one focused local GP services;
- Queries from you, the patients, about issues such as transport, waste medication, facilities at the practice, etc which we are keen to address.
- Feedback from NAPP (National Association for Patient Participation) which provides useful information from a national perspective.
- Information regarding activities for health orientated issues locally
Our electronic members tell us “A great Bulletin – free of jargon. I like it!” …. “I think it’s great the way you keep us all abreast of useful information in such a friendly manner” … “Thank you for all your work writing these bulletins during the year. I find them interesting and informative.”
To join up today please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be welcomed (You can email to unsubscribe at any time).
For our patients who do not have modern technology, we will be producing regular printed PPG up-dates which will be available in paper version in the waiting room.